Thursday, September 9, 2010

Yummy Mexican Chicken

Fresh Celery and Peppers

My buddy, Char, had me over this week to make some Pico de Gallo using fresh veggies from her garden.  It was SO good and fresh - we had to have some with tortilla chips, just to verify it was good enough for anyone to eat!

Some Tomatoes
Fresh Pico de Gallo!
.
While I was there, she started her chicken dinner using some of her Pico de Gallo and it looked like it would taste good.  So, never one to be imaginative *grin*, I made a very similar dinner the next night using MY Pico de Gallo!  It was awesome. 

I browned some chicken with Goya seasoning, threw the fresh veggies (with the juices) on it and let it simmer for a while.  Then I just broke the chicken apart and put in some rice to let it cook in the juices...so good and easy.  Add a little cheese on the top and refried beans on the side - and it made a quick, great tasting meal!


No comments: